People who are highly sensitive are born that way; it is not something that is learned.
The scientific term for high sensitivity is “sensory-processing sensitivity” (SPS).
Highly sensitive people have the following traits:
- They feel more deeply.
- They’re more emotionally reactive.
- They’re probably used to hearing “Why are you so sensitive?”
- Highly sensitive people are introverts but 30% of HSP’s are extroverts.
- They’re more prone to anxiety or depression
- That annoying sound is probably significantly more annoying to a highly sensitive person
- They cry more easily and are deeply empathetic to other people’s emotions.
- Highly sensitive people have reactions to criticism that are more intense than less sensitive people
- They’re crushed by bad decisions
- They take longer to reach decisions
- They are highly conscientious
- They tend to be highly intuitive & can tell when someone they care about is upset
- They are incredibly observant
- They can be easily overwhelmed by bright lights, too much noise, big crowds, strong smells or uncomfortable clothing.
Do you think you might be a highly sensitive person?
If yes, then the following website may be of use to you!
Love Athina ♥♥
© All blog posts and images are owned by me and Courage Coaching. Please don’t use without consent and only re-blog if you would like to use the information on here.