Creating a new normal – Covid 19
Dealing with a pandemic of this magnitude, we are all understandably becoming anxious and uncertain about the future.
All the little things that consumed our life previously are no longer as important.
There is a new reality now.. One of survival, planning and isolating.
For those of you who are already living with C-PTSD, anxiety, depression and other mental health conditions, this time is especially triggering..
For those of you in the ‘at risk groups’, life can feel terrifying..
Here are a few tips that are keeping me sane and might help you too!
- Try and hold onto the positives even though the reality is extremely daunting.
- Whenever anxiety creeps in, take several deep breaths and be kind to yourself.
- Keep a daily log of 3 things you are grateful for on each day.
We are dealing with an unprecedented reality, it is normal to feel overwhelmed.
- Try and stop yourself from engaging too much with social media or news on the Coronavirus.
- Distract yourself with things you enjoy. There is nothing wrong with binge watching Netflix series at this time or reading lots of books..
- Even though you may be stuck at home, make sure you create a new stable routine for yourself and your family. Exercise, eat at the same time every day, do an activity together, have some alone time, have a shower at the same time each day etc. Since you have lost your normal routine, creating a new routine is extremely important.
- Try and eat healthy food as much as possible..Limit alcohol and sugar. Keep your immune system as healthy as possible
- Engage in your hobbies as much as possible
- Write your thoughts and worries in a journal or online blog
- Keep in touch with family and friends
How are you coping with this in your country?
I hope you are looking after yourselves at this difficult time dear readers.
Just remember, we are all in this together!
Lots of love